I need help with games!!!!!

Started by
47 comments, last by bloodthirsty vermin 20 years, 6 months ago
I need to learn how to do controls in a game plus i need help putting images into it (the parts the charachters walk on, and the charachters themselfs.)Pleeezeee help!!! or my dream will be lost
My potential is extreme for a 14 year old, Guitar playing, Anime artist.
Advertisement
So what you really need is to learn how to make a game from start to finish? It''s not all that easy, I''m afraid. Click to For Beginners link in the Resources section, if you haven''t already.
Erhm WHAT? If it´s gameprogramming you wannado you better start out learning a language and an API.
I kinda know c++ but cant afford books (im 13 with no allowance
whatsoever) and i cant fint tutorials on that stuff and what the heck is an api?
when you''re learning anything, search engines are your best friend.

have you really tried Google? I know you should be able to find plenty of tutorials for whatever language you want to learn. you could also use it to find stuff about terms you hear thrown around here (such as API, for instance. which stands for Application Program Interface)
will somebody help me ive searched this whole site and cant find anything on that stuff. will somebody help me i dont want 3d if thats what you mean.
They ar esaying you need to pick eather directx or opengl to to do your graphic part. These are API's.

[edited by - kingpinzs on October 11, 2003 2:40:35 PM]
do they cost anything???
Ok. Well do you know what is needed to make a game? That´s what the beginner´s sections is about. DirectX and OpenGL are the largest APIs (applications programming interfaces) for game programming, they are sets of libraries that help you manipulate hardware. OpenGL only handle graphics while DirectX handles graphics,input,network and more. I recommend you to get really familiar with C++ before you start using them though.
where do you get them? I have dev c++ from bloodshed.net
are they included or do you need to download them

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement