Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dialogs....disabled?

This topic is 5180 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I was wondering why all my Dialog boxes but the first one I created are disabled when I have them show up. I went to thier properties and there not checked to be disabled. And you can still click thier buttons but you can''t type in thier textboxes and thier title bar is grayed out. Anyone know why?

I don't know this for sure, but you are most likely using modal dialog boxes (created with DialogBox() or DialogBoxparam()), and I think a window can only have one modal dialog at a time. if you want to have more than one dialog box at the time that you can use CreateDialog. CreateDialog works just like CreateWindow, for it gives you a HWND for that window, and it returns immediately. you also have to unhide the window manually by ShowWindow(hDlg,SW_SHOWNORMAL);
if you want more information on how modal dialogs work, take a look at this code: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/modal_message.asp?target=modal%7Cmessage

My Site

[edited by - Quasar3D on October 11, 2003 8:45:05 PM]