Lock Cursor Position

Started by
-1 comments, last by Supaflyfrank 20 years, 6 months ago
I have a problem with my programing. I wanted the cursor when I input to be locked in to one place. But at the same time if I output information ont he command prompts it will be above the input line and wont be mess up the way the data to be displayed Im just going to make up a example of what im talking about. OUTPUT ON COMMAND PROMPT: ------------------------------------ Kicking Car For 1 Its Health is 50 Input Suppose to come from here: ------------------------------------ After It Loops One The Command Prompt Will Look Like This ------------------------------------ Kicking Car For 1 Its Health is 50 (old display when it use to be at the bottom)Input Suppose to come from here: Kicking Car For 1 Its Health is 49 Input Suppose to come from here: ------------------------------------ After It Loops Two The Command Prompt Will Look Like This ------------------------------------ Kicking Car For 1 Its Health is 50 (old display when it use to be at the bottom)Input Suppose to come from here: Kicking Car For 1 Its Health is 49 (old display when it use to be at the bottom)Input Suppose to come from here: Kicking Car For 1 Its Health is 48 Input Suppose to come from here: ------------------------------------ This is what I was hopping to do display information and then have the input follow the information like which is what Input Suppose to come from here: was making a example of after the from here: part the program takes the player info. So if you input dog you suppose to see Input Suppose to come from here: dog . But if the program displayed something like Kicking Car For 1 Its Health is 48 it displays the old Input Suppose to come from here and then the players input and after that it displays the new Input Suppose to come from here: LOL sorry I know this isnt clear at all but if you every played a MUD game I think you would know what I am talking about. But anyway does anyone know how I would do this how many functions I need or what the source code would look like that would me alot of help. Im using C++ by the way Thanks In Advance Cause I Know This Post Wasnt That Clear But Thank You If You Could Help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement