possibly adding music and sfx to already existing game

Started by
2 comments, last by eedok 20 years, 6 months ago
I think I may want to add music and sfx to stones, so I''m just wondering is there any freeware directory for music that loops well? Or if anyone is willing to create some.. here''s a link to my game http://www.voidofmind.com/eedok/game the 1 and 2 player editions.. as for sfx I''m thinking of trying to find maybe sounds of a curling rock moving across ice, a skater making a sharp turn on ice, the sound curling rocks make when they hit each other, and the sound of a rock hitting a board.. Any help with this would be appreciated..
Advertisement
I''d recomend getting some free recording software, and a cheep mic, and then banging some rocks together. See how you go! it''ll be fun
This would be what I do.. Cept.. My sound card doesn''t support Microphone under XP.. Meh I''ll wait till I can go to the library or something.. Get some funny looks..

But what about music? I don''t think I can see myself going doo doo doo into a microphone to make music..
Well, you could try putting a request in the help wanted forum for music. Another option would be to request some from an online community such as the one at www.modplug.com

Theres a large database of tracked music there, and if you contact the composers, most of them will be willing to give you permission to use thier music. This is especially handy because they can often give it too you in one of many formats, depending on what you need. There are many other similar sites and organisations around.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement