Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corrail

Anyone played around with GL2 shaders on ATI Catalyst 3.6?

Hi all! I want to try GL2 shaders with ATI Beta in Catalyst 3.6. But there''s a strange thing concerning uniforms: Using the following string wglGetProcAddress returns a none-NULL pointer to a function: glGetHandleGL2, glDeleteObjectGL2, glDeleteObjectsGL2, glAttachObjectGL2, glDetachObjectGL2, glCreateShaderObjectGL2, glCreateProgramObjectGL2, glShaderSourceGL2, glCompileShaderGL2, glLinkProgramGL2, glUseProgramObjectGL2, glValidateProgramGL2, glGetInfoLogGL2, glGetAttachedObjectsGL2, glGetUniformLocationGL2, glGetUniformfvGL2, glGetUniformivGL2, glGetShaderSourceGL2, glGetObjectParameterfvGL2, glGetObjectParameterivGL2, glBindAttribLocationGL2, glGetAttribLocationGL2 I''m able to get a unfiform location, but I don''t know how to pass them to GL because wglGetProcAddress doesn''t return me a none-NULL function pointer. I''ve tried the following string in differenct variations (3 float, 3 interger, 2 floats, ...) but none of them matches: glUniform{1234{fi}{v}fGL2, glLoadUniform{1234}{fi}{v}GL2, glUniform{1234}GL2, glUniform{fi}{v}GL2 In GL2 white paper the function should be called "glLoadUniform{1234}{fi}{v}" and in ARB_shader_objects it should be called "glUniform{1234}{fi}{v}" but they doesn''t work. Thanks for every help!! -------------------------------------------------------- "If it looks good, it is good computer graphics" "If it looks like computer graphics, it is bad computer graphics" Corrail corrail@gmx.at ICQ#59184081

Drivers are still in beta stage, do I guess that even if you can retrieve the function pointers, it''s very unsure how it will react.

If you want in-depth discussion with ATi drivers, your best bet is to contact devrel@ati.com (ATi Developer Relations) and explain your issue.

Yeah, I know that GL2 is still beta but I want to try them! :-)

Thanks for the info, I''ll send them a mail!

--------------------------------------------------------

"If it looks good, it is good computer graphics"
"If it looks like computer graphics, it is bad computer graphics"

Corrail
corrail@gmx.at
ICQ#59184081

quote:
Original post by Corrail
Yeah, I know that GL2 is still beta but I want to try them! :-)

Thanks for the info, I''ll send them a mail!

I might be missing something here, but why don''t you use a later version of the drivers (you''re using 3.6 but they''re up to 3.8 now)? Apologies if I have missed something since I''ve not looked at gl2 yet.

I''ve tried but 3.6 is the only version which has GL2 Beta support!

--------------------------------------------------------

"If it looks good, it is good computer graphics"
"If it looks like computer graphics, it is bad computer graphics"

Corrail
corrail@gmx.at
ICQ#59184081

Guest Anonymous Poster
Um... All versions from 3.6 and up have had "GL2" support. If you hadn''t noticed yet, the spec has changed QUITE a bit (not a GL2 extension now, it''s ARB and refered to as GLSL/GLSLang now).

Anyway, the extensions have to be enabled first before they can even be used first, and I can''t say (nor will I say) how because of the NDA.