• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timeline -control ...

This topic is 5213 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, As everyone can see, i''m complete Newbie in here so handle gently, please. Anyway ... Now that i have my DirectX engine''s basics ready (incl. drawing and basic character moving via keyboard). I started to design Timeline mechanism that should control animations on scene. With Timeline i mean Timeline with keyframes (like in any 3D software or animation software). But now i encountered a major problem ... I don''t have a clue where to start the design of Timeline system? ... I was just wondering, has someone in here ever made a Timeline components? ... There must be someone ... I''m not asking code, just the basic idea where to start the design, and how to control a timeline system. I''m familiar with C/C++ and VB (VisualStudio 6) ... Thanks in advance ... T-

Advertisement
DX9 has native interfaces for timelines, for example ID3DXAnimationSet and ID3DXAnimationController.
The animation set encapsulates a spline parameter interpolator (scale/rotate/translate key types), and animation controller groups several animation sets together.

For learning's sake, i would recommend that you code your own versions of these interfaces, they're not the most complex thing in the world of programming

kind rgds,
Nik

[edited by - Nik02 on October 12, 2003 8:52:25 AM]

• Advertisement