Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

figuring out relative translation

This topic is 5178 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, so lets say I''m trying so simulate a person throwing a grenade. Before the person releases the grenade, I translate the camera, draw an axis system, translate to where the person is standing, draw the person with genade in hand. However, after the person releases the grenade, I want to draw it as a seperate entitiy from the human. How would I go about doing this (I''m not asking for physics help)? In other words, how do I figure out the translation vector from the origin (center of the drawn axis) to the person''s hand right where the grenade is released. If I don''t have this, I would have to do all of the translations and rotations I did on the human every time I wanted to draw the grenade in order to get it into the right place, correct? I tried to use glGet with GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX to get the points in space, but everything I did with spacial points started crapping out once I started to rotate the camera. Sorry if I''m unclear, but thanks for the help in advance.