Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Including a .h file in a .rc file?

This topic is 5173 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In Lamoth''s TOTWGPG, Chapter 3, the part about resources, he tells you to make a .h file and include it in the .rc file. How do you do this? The way I did it was, I created a .rc file and then I open up the .h file that VC++ automatically creates. Then I delete all the extra crap in there and just put in my #defines. I don''t see how you could include a .h file into a .rc file....
Charles Hwang -Also/Previously known as Tazel Personal >>[MonkeyHumor-Under Developement | E-mail] Programming >>[NeXe|NeHe|SDL] Resource >>[Google|Dev-C++|GDArticles|C++.com|MSDN]

If it doesn''t automatically create and reference the .h file for you, do this:

1) create both the .h and .rc files and do the #defines, etc

2) at the top of the .rc file, put this line:

#include "YourHeaderFile.h"

change the YourHeaderFile.h to what the .h''s filename really is.

That should work... but remember the .h can only have #defines in it. No code in either the .h linked by the .rc, or in the rc. (You may be able to put resource definitions in the h though..)

Yeah, the problem is how, and where do you put the #include blah.h?? When I double click my .rc file, it turns into a folder and then has another folder which holds resources... There''s nowhere to type or anything in the .rc file. You can''t even import a .h file...

Charles Hwang -Also/Previously known as Tazel
Personal >>[MonkeyHumor-Under Developement|E-mail]
Programming >>[NeXe|NeHe|SDL]
Resource >>[Google|Dev-C++|GDArticles|C++.com|MSDN]