What Should I get?

Started by
13 comments, last by po2 20 years, 6 months ago
O.K. I''m Starting to think I''m over my head.
If you know of any could you post a link to a tutorial on making sidescrollers in C/C++.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by po2
O.K. I''m Starting to think I''m over my head.
If you know of any could you post a link to a tutorial on making sidescrollers in C/C++.

How much C/C++ do you already know? If you want to make a sidescroller from nothing, I suggest you start with a good beginners book or tutorial(like this) before learning a graphical API to use with C/C++. Also, if you''re making a sidescroller why do you even want a 3D modeler?
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
I Was thinking about making a 3D game of some sort but now I''m thinking it would be better to start with a sidescroller.
Thanks for the Link.
quote: BTW, you can''t make a game in Maya(or blender or wings) without learning to program and having a compiler and IDE(you don''t strictly need an IDE), both of which Dev-C++ supplies.

You actually CAN make a game with just BLENDER. It has it''s own game engine.
hi, first of all decide what language you want to use, c++ could be good, get a book on it, you will have to do console programs for a couple monthes (text only), after that you have to learn a graphics engine, there is direct x, openGL, allegro (good for 2d things), there are probably others as well. When I first started, I thought "oh I''ll learn c++ then I''ll be able to do some games", suddenly I realised I had to learn c++, then some Windows, and now direct x. Take your time with it to learn the different bits and how they go together.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement