• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maxd gaming

Anybody who is interested in helping (or being) noobs

This topic is 5457 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am setting up a webpage (with forum) for all the gamemaking/programming noobs or people who have no experience but really really want to learn. I will except experts but we do want to keep this a noob site, experts will be there to help and (some) moderate....If you feel suited for this site or would like to help moderate post here with ideas or just that you would be interested...I will open the site up to all if I see interest

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Man, if only site like that already existed. Oh yeah! www.gamedev.net. Seriously, why waste your time?

Guest Anonymous Poster
probably because gamedev is full of comments like that

It is exactly because of comments like that, besides my site is meant to be just for noobs... and not just game programming noobs but programming noobs. Here it is filled more with expert talk and that then what I think really would help the noobs

http://totalnoobism.fragism.com/gl-bin/forum/index.php

There you are....you can now sign up at will....I will be highly moderating the amount of flamers (like AP) and spammers but besides that the forum is almost no rules

How would a site of pure newbies be helpful? The point of these forums is for experts (or at least fairly experienced people) to help newbies along, but you make it sound as if those with experience aren't even welcome. A congregation of confused n00bs isn't going to at all useful, IMO. Plus, since this place is such a huge community with a large amount of pooled knowledge, I think you may be taking the incredible speed and helpfulness of most of the replies here for granted.

[edited by - twix on October 12, 2003 10:58:50 PM]

The only real flames I have seen on these forums(save Help wanted) is when someone says something tht they havent even researched or dosent seem willing to put any work forward. I for one am guility of posting like that in the past. If you come here seeming like you want to learn and not just be given soemthing for nothing you are ussally responded too with help except with a couple exceptions but EVERY forum has it flammers no matter what.... it happens nad will always happen. Iam not saying dont do your forum or that it is a bad idea iam just saying the reason there is a lot of flames here is people dont research before they ask.

RanBlade
"Passion is what drives you to stay up until 4am fixing that bug that hardly anyone would notice...Passion is where great games come from, if you dont live and breathe games you shouldn''t be in the games industry." - Dave Pottinger, Ensemble Studios

Posts only annoy me when someone asks for something advanced but doesn''t even know the basics of the language they are using.

Other than that, I try to help who I can. A little politeness never hurt anybody. Flames only hurt.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!