Anybody who is interested in helping (or being) noobs

Started by
30 comments, last by maxd gaming 20 years, 6 months ago
quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
quote:Original post by kingpinzs Just trying to make games so I dont have to buy them.

That is not a good motive. Most game programmers play other people's games anyway, and if you make up the storyline, etc. it's not nearly as fun to play. However, doing it for the fun of experimenting, and for playing god are both good reasons to code

I have to give kingpinzs a bit of credit here, his motives for making games are just as good as yours. Who said there was a law about what are the good reasons to make games. AFAIK, there are no set guide. And one reason which you forgot is, making games for the fun of it. It's probably one thing that most people here tend to forget. You make games to have fun. Be it by yourself or with a bunch of friends or people you don't know. The moral here is, this is a hard task to undertake but, do it, if you feel it is a good idea but think about it clearly as if anything goes wrong, you will have been warned.

[Cyberdrek | the last true sorcerer | Spirit Mage - mutedfaith.com][ Administrator & WebMaster GuLSE]

[edited by - cyberdrek on October 13, 2003 9:36:11 PM]
[Cyberdrek | ]
Advertisement
Um, what? I hardly overlooked "making games for the fun of it..." I said "making games for the fun of experimentation," and "playing god," both of which are the two things many people find enjoyable. And I give hime credit for making games of course, but if you can honestly have as much fun playing your own games as others'', you have great skills. Now, mind you, it''s fun to marvel at your final product too, but that''s not quite the same.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement