Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metal Typhoon

Console related questions... it might sound stupid

Metal Typhoon    122
well you know when you do a simple program that uses cin >> let's say to get number or a char[x]... cin >> number; well.. cin stops reading after u press enter or a space right ? ok .. but when you press enter as you first key.. the cursor just jumps down .. and let's say u press 15 times and then enter then number and then press enter again... kinda sux when you have something like this:
Name : "enter"
"enter"
"enter"
"enter"
"enter" __  Leonardo  

^
        |      
     cursor

how can i prevent going down a line or as many times as the enter is pressed ? and my last question is.. what function ? can you use to set fullscreen when you click and executable.. is there an esier way then useing DEVMODE with ChangeDisplaySettings () ? thx in advance [edited by - Metal Typhoon on October 12, 2003 10:34:27 PM]

KurtCPP    130
I think then you shouldnt use cin but something closer to the console itself. I dont know the name but it gotta be a stuff like GetKeyHit or something like that. Do you see what I mean?? The purpose would be to get the entry of the console before the console does so that you can perform the actions you need. Then you''d have to program on your own what has to happen according the key pressed. Check your help files for such functions.
Hope it helps. Enjoy yourself.

Prog, Hex & Rock''n''Roll :
I don''t like the Prog but the Prog likes me.
Some nice poetry to sweeten your spirit and relax a bit before programming