Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D3DTADDRESS_BORDER not using the border color

This topic is 5181 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i dont get it, it says in the sdk that any coordinates outside the [0, 1.0] range will have the border color applied to them but my app just seems to make it black. tried CLAMP as well but that seems to refuse to apply a texture coordinate to any vertex outside the range. so i get this line along the middle of the mesh. anyone know of a solution to this. is this a driver issue? im using an ATI card, and i only recently updated the drivers too. thanks in advance.

Surprisingly enough, not all graphics cards support setting a border color. Check the caps bits of your card to see if it supports border color or not.

Depending on what you''re doing, you could simulate a border color by putting a one pixel border around your texture. Then you set the texture sampler state to CLAMP and all values at the edge of the texture will sample the one pixel border color that you put around the texture.

neneboricua

actually, i was originally using clamp instead of border. but as i outlined above it wasnt working correctly. i''ll do a caps check for them both, but i still find it strange that neither do what i expect.