Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbc

MASM

Hi! I''m delving into Assembly programming, and bought a book about it. Now, I''m kinda stuck with linking. I have a small program that just perform some basic commands and displays the result. I could compile my code (well, it''s actually not mine, I just copied the one from the book), into an .obj file using ml.exe. But I''m having trouble linking it. It''s saying that something is unresolved. Can anyone help me with this? What do I need to type in the command line? Thanks!

LINK.exe is the application for linking obj''s into an exe, if you''re using Microsoft''s toolset. If you''re using the GNU tools, then ld is the thing to use.

That said, I don''t do GNU, and I use the Visual Studio development environment so don''t use LINK.exe explicitly. Therefore, I have no idea what the syntax of these tools is and can''t really help you to know how to use them. But I expect someone here can.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.

Post the exact error(s) you are getting. You might need to add libraries, or give an explicit entrypoint.