• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmynelson

Directx 9 proble referencing

This topic is 5363 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having trouble getting a poitner working with the LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9. I use the appwizard and add the following code... GAMESTATCONTROLLER.H class GameStateController; //my the devices needed static LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 GameDevice; static D3DSURFACE_DESC GameBackBuffer; static DirectInputDevices* InputDevices; class GameState { private: bool pause; public: virtual HRESULT Init() { return S_OK; } virtual HRESULT Cleanup() { return S_OK; } void Pause(bool pb) { pause = pb; } virtual HRESULT FrameMove() { return S_OK; } virtual HRESULT Render() { return S_OK; } }; class GameStateController { public: HRESULT Init(); HRESULT Cleanup(); void SetState(GameState *game); HRESULT FrameMove(); HRESULT Render(); private: // the stack of states GameState *states; }; void GameStateController::SetState(GameState *game) { states=game; } //game independent code //Development main state class Dx9DevMainState : public GameState { private: TCHAR StateName; static Dx9DevMainState m_DevMainState; public: static Dx9DevMainState* Instance() {return &m_DevMainState;} ViewingCamera m_pCameraControl; MeshController m_fMeshes; MeshAnimation m_fAnimations; DX9Mesh m_fTestMesh; ColDet ColDetEngine; // GameStateInfo *GameStates; bool pause; HRESULT Init(); HRESULT Cleanup(); void Pause(bool pb) { pause = pb; } HRESULT FrameMove(); HRESULT Render(); Dx9DevMainState(); //~Dx9DevMainState(); bool ColDetHit; }; Dx9DevMainState Dx9DevMainState::m_DevMainState; //here is just one of the functions inside Dx9DevMainState HRESULT Dx9DevMainState::Render() { GameDevice->Clear( 0L, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET|D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, 0x00000000, 1.0f, 0L ); // Begin the scene if( SUCCEEDED( GameDevice->BeginScene() ) ) { m_fMeshes->drawMeshes(GameDevice); m_fAnimations->drawAnimationsMeshes(m_GameDevice); // RenderText(); GameDevice->EndScene(); } return S_OK; }; The gamedevice I was using in my functions were written earlier before I finshed setting up my framework. So that is the main code I have so in my program when I set GameDevice = m_pd3dDevice; (the main device used in the app) it should work right?

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!