PowerDraw 3 problems on different computers

Started by
3 comments, last by SpannerBracket 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, Ive written a Tetris game using Delphi 7 and Powerdraw. But its got one very annoying glitch that I can''t pin down, and wondered if it was actually a problem with PowerDraw. My blocks are simple sprites, but I use PowerDraw Line method to draw an outline around them. (this is better than putting the outline in the actual sprite, as when a couple of blocks are grouped together they have one outline) On my machine - Athlon 2400+, Radeon 9700, the outlines appear in the correct place. On my other machine Dell GX240, P4 1.7, Integrated Intel graphics, they appear 1 pixel further right. If I correct for the Dell, they are then out of place for the Athlon. From putting on several different machines, it seems to be computers with integrated graphics cards that draw the lines in a different position to dedicated graphics card machines. Could I be missing something obvious here? If anyone wants to have a look at it. Its here at the moment - www.mode4.net/ben/tetris1.2.zip. Its not finished by any means. If anyone has any advice, please get in contact! Cheers Ben
Advertisement
What version of PowerDraw are you using?
Im using the current latest.. 3.0 pre-release.

Ive got my source available, but its a bit messy and not completely commented yet.
I thought I got rid of that problem in PowerDraw 3.x, but unfortunally as I remember, I''ve never released that version - it''s related to 0.5 addition in TAGFUnit when calculating texture coordinates... well, I think you can either play with it a little to fix the problem or wait for Asphyre 2D graphics part to be released (we''ve decided to release it by parts as soon as each part is finished). I''m currently unable to make any fixes to PowerDraw 3 since I''m working on Asphyre component and have multiply version conflicts and I don''t have the latest (fixed) PowerDraw 3.x .

No problem! Its not a bug that ill worry about, and hopefully I can shift to Asphyre as and when.

Do you have any more details on Asphyre? Its a project I imagine lots of people would love to follow closely.

Cheers
Ben

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement