need help with puzzle game

Started by
1 comment, last by vaneger 20 years, 6 months ago
ok im workign on making a isometric puzzle game where you have to move cubes around into a given position in a given time , move cubes out of your way to find an exit, move cubes to escape enemies that are chasing you, and proabably more variations will come later.That si the general gist of it though.I am not sure how to go about designing the actual levels(puzzles) though. You can pick up a cube and move it anywhere, or there is a destruction square in each level that removes a cube, or generation square that makes them. im not sure about how to make good puzzles for it though, any ideas ?
Advertisement
Well, pick up Chip''s Challenge and Chipedit. I got them free, and you can test out your game; block creation, destruction, and pre-made blocks, as well as monsters. Chip''s Challenge is also very fun to play in itself!
Sokoban (google it) is a classic block pushing puzzle game. No monsters, no time limit (as far as I remember) but a very large number of available configurations, all of which are solvable (at least I haven''t yet come across one that isn''t)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement