Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DirectPlay address and port assignment

This topic is 5177 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I`m developing a P2P game with IDirectPlay8Peer. (DirectX version is 9) I have several questions. 1. As I know, If I don`t use IDirectPlay8Address::AddComponent (for address and port assignment) and run IDirectPlay8Peer::Host(), then the address and port will be assigned automatically. In this case, How can I get address and port that was assigned automatically for IDirectPlay8Peer::Connect of other peers. 2. I couldn`t find any examples using IDirectPlay8AddressIP instead of IDirectPlay8Address. I`ll use only TCP/IP protocol so I don`t want to use IDirectPlay8Address AddComponent method. But IDirectPlay8Peer::Host() and IDirectPlay8Peer::Connect() require IDirectPlay8Address Interface as a parameter. How can I use IDirectPlay8AddressIP instead of IDirectPlay8Address? 3. The first parameter of AIDirectPlay8AddressIP::BuildLocalAddress is const GUID *const pguidAdapter. What GUID should I input as a argument? And How can I get the GUID?