Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOD & animated meshes

This topic is 5174 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been wanting to lower the poly count for my meshes, to be able to swap between different modes of play (RTS vs FPS). The swap between the two is not dynamic, I''m talking about loading up a whole new game. What I''ve been wondering, is how to go about preforming LOD on an animated mesh. Of course, the first response is to just preform an LOD simplification on each frame of the mesh, however I''m fearful that frame[x] wouldn''t contain a vert in frame[z] and would give an incorrect interpolation result. Are my assumptions incorrect in this regard? I haven''t looked into any one-particular algorithm just yet, mainly because there are so many out there, for so many specific purposes. Basicly, I''d just like to load a model, LOD it to a lower version, and re-store it in another file, for loading later. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks ~Main == Colt "MainRoach" McAnlis Programmer www.badheat.com/sinewave