What does this means?

Started by
9 comments, last by chuawenching 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi everyone, Write and use a smart agent which trains/learns and becomes more accurate or otherwise somehow improves over time --> what does this means? Wow, does it means an AI agent, that uses neural networks.. well can anyone give me some examples of agents used in business application today? Any help, thanks.
Regards,Chua Wen Ching :p
Advertisement
sounds exactly like a Neural network or genetic algorithm.
GSACP: GameDev Society Against Crap PostingTo join: Put these lines in your signature and don't post crap!
Why does it have to be an artificial neural network? There are many methods for learning, many of which are easier to implement and debug than an ANN.

Timkin
quote:Original post by Timkin
Why does it have to be an artificial neural network? There are many methods for learning, many of which are easier to implement and debug than an ANN.

Timkin

Just SAYING Neural Network makes some people all warm and squishy inside. People are way too fascinated with GAs, NNs, etc.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm - "Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Yes. There are other options, such as reinforcement learning.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
[sarcasm]

When I was a kid we played ''guess a number between 1 and 100''

It worked like this:

is it larger than 50 ?
yes

Is it larger than 75 ?
no

is it larger than 63?
yes

etc...

it was easily solved using the ''interval halving'' algorithm.

quote:
Write and use a smart agent which trains/learns and becomes more accurate or otherwise somehow improves over time

OMFG!! this solves your problem!

Too bad you can''t use it, because it hasn''t got a kewl name like ''Genetic algorithms'' or ''Neural Networks'' so you won''t impress the other kids...

[/sarcasm]

I always laugh at the people who wants to use a specific algorithm just because it''s got a name that''s sounds like something from a bad sci-fi movie.

HA HAH AHAH AHA HA

Grow up kiddies....
yet another great post by AP...
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
What''s wrong with my post?

It''s sarcastic about the fact that a lot of the people on this forums insists on using NN and GA regardless of the their problem.

When it comes to real-world applications, in use today, in commercially working systems - NN and GA plays such a small role that it''s hardly worth mentioning, yet everybody wants to use the methods because they''ve got cool names.

Remember, useful AI system based on these ''cool'' algorithms has been "right around the corner" for 10-20 yrs, whereas the ''boring'' technologies (search algorithms etc.) has been useful all along...

I usually don''t flame, rant or troll - but the focus on NN and GA is totally out of proportion IMHO.
With my last post, I tried to show that a problem should be solved with the simplest possible algorithm - and that most newbies fail to see simple solutions because of their focus on advanced, cool sounding algorithms. Therefore, I think my posts are justified.
well instead of arguing about NN and GA and how they may not be applicable in given situations,or how one may use them simply for the cool sounds factor; we could try helping the poster figure out what he posted about

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement