Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VbDestroyer

fps graphics

hello, I am just getting into direct x programming and am learning how to make a mesh 3d world. I am hoping to make a first person shooter but do not know what tool to use to create the graphics. Do you have any recomendation of a program I can use that will help me create graphics for my game. Thanks for your help.

2D graphics: JASC''S Paint Shop Pro ($70 US) or ADOBE''S Photoshop (c. $500 US). Not surprisingly, Photoshop is better, but PSP will do most anything you need (it works fine for me).

3D models: Milkshape ($20 US), Blender (free), GMax (free, not overly useful), 3D Studio Max (more than you''ve got) or Maya (way more than you''ve got).

If you give us some more specific examples of what you want, I and others could probably be more helpful.

Good luck!

_GEO

Hello,
This is my first really big windows project. Im making a prohibition era style first person shooter. I am still making changes on the story line so i will not go into that. me and my friend are going to work on it together. I am a farly exspierenced programmer and I dont feel that this project is too beyond me, but I am a little nervious about the graphics. my band is going to do the music so thats no problem. my friend dosent program, but is a very good artist. He has not used any 3d modeling stuff but is interested in it. I need somthing that can design meshes and objects easyly that will not kill my budget. I tryed using milkshape, but i can not figure out how to use it to make different weapons, such as shotguns and pistols. Is milkwave able to make things like this, or is it only for making charicters. If you can explain to me what would be the best tool for this it would be helpful. And can you please direct me to some good tutorials on the different tools you mentioned and where to get them, and what they do, i would be very thankful. Thanks for how much help i have already gotten and I hope you will be there to anser more questions. Thanks.