• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Basic screen resolution question.

This topic is 5298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m getting back to openGL, it''s been a few years. And when I got to programming I realized that I wasn''t sure what controled the screen resolution. I have a devmode structure to handle my fullscreen that I have to put window size in ( I think? ). I have a glViewport call setup like this glViewport( 0, 0, width, height ). and I create my window with GetSystemMetrics( SM_CXSCREEN ) and GetSystemMetrics( SM_CYSCREEN ). Now which of these is the actual resolution of my game? All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Advertisement
I beleive the resolution of the screen is returned from SM_CXSCREEN = width, SM_CYSCREEN = height (returned with the GetSystemMetrics call).

The glViewport specifies the size of the OpenGL area in the window. It''s not the resolution...

hey Chris, yeah I''m not stupid. I know what resolution means, that wasn''t my question. Thanks anyway though.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

• Advertisement