Basic screen resolution question.

Started by
5 comments, last by Eric Poitras 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I''m getting back to openGL, it''s been a few years. And when I got to programming I realized that I wasn''t sure what controled the screen resolution. I have a devmode structure to handle my fullscreen that I have to put window size in ( I think? ). I have a glViewport call setup like this glViewport( 0, 0, width, height ). and I create my window with GetSystemMetrics( SM_CXSCREEN ) and GetSystemMetrics( SM_CYSCREEN ). Now which of these is the actual resolution of my game? All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
Advertisement
glViewport( 0, 0, width, height )

Width and Height.
I beleive the resolution of the screen is returned from SM_CXSCREEN = width, SM_CYSCREEN = height (returned with the GetSystemMetrics call).
The glViewport specifies the size of the OpenGL area in the window. It''s not the resolution...
Sometimes movement is a result of a kick in the ass!
ummm... ok well no one seems to know what controls resolution then... thanks, It think....
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke
http://www.gamedev.net/dict/search.asp?Term=resolution
hey Chris, yeah I''m not stupid. I know what resolution means, that wasn''t my question. Thanks anyway though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement