Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CyberSlag5k

XF86CONFIG-4 question

I''m using Debian and I''m attempting to get my mouse wheel to scroll in gnome. I think I have the right configurations in XF86CONFIG-4 but I don''t think the changes are being applied. What makes me think this is that I tried commenting out all of the code for the mouse (just as a test) and the mouse still worked even after i logged in and out. Do I have to do something to tell X Windows to use the updated XF86CONFIG-4 file? For example, whenever I change lilo.conf I have to type lilo into the command line before the changes will take place to lilo. Do I have to do something similar for XF86CONFIG-4? When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...

How are you logging in and out? Depending on how you do it X may never actually be restarting.

I assume you have

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

in the InputDevice section for your mouse in your XF86Config-4 file, right?

Other than that, I dunno.

Guest Anonymous Poster
For me the config file is /etc/X11/XF86Config
Make sure you are modifying the correct file!

yeah, I got it working. I did have the correct lines in the XF86CONFIG-4 (this is the debian file for the latest kernel), but I needed to run XFree86 before the changes were to take place.

Thanks

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...