DirectX Buffers restarting WindowsXP

Started by
3 comments, last by Deficite 20 years, 6 months ago
Hello, This has probably been delt with a thousand times, but I can''t seem to find any info. My problem is that when I read past the end of a VertexBuffer or IndexBuffer my WindowsXP machine immediatley reboots. This is incredibly annoying since it makes debuging take infinately long. Has anybody got an ide about how to turn this off or stop it? Thanks in advance. -Deficite
Regards,
Deficte
Advertisement
Actually the buffer overruns are causing the video card driver to blue screen. By default in XP, a bluescreen will reboot the computer. You can turn that off by going into the control panel/system and tell it to not reboot after detecting a blue screen but you will then just get a blue screen and have to reboot anyways. =)

The answer is to make sure you are calculating the vertex/index buffers correctly. Just take a bit more time before throwing numbers into them, get out calculator, etc.
Yeah I know, I try to calculate as much as possible and step through the progam looking at variables. But every now and then the damn machine reboots, and that''s so incredibly annoying! It''s weird since I can do the exact same stuff on Windows2000 and it gives me a buffer error, but WindowXP just reboots. Well well, that''s just plain stuid and I guess I have to accept it. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Deficte
Regards,
Deficte
what engine are you using? I still don''t get it.

What do you mean by scripter? Do you have a engine already?

Ehhhh. sorry too much coffee today, wrong thread...

Damn I knew I closed a freakin window somewhere...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement