Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gpalin

I've got a C++ program to try out if you're interested

I made an MP3 databse program. You can add songs to the database, view the songs in the database, search by title or author, remove songs from the database, and save and load databases. This is command-line based. When you start up the program, you are presented with a menu of choices. Enter the number for a choice to proceed. You don't actually have to have the files on disk or such. This is just a program that acts almost as a manager for those imaginary files. Here's a link to where you can download the program to try it out. Link And here's a link to a sample database. Just use the database program to open it, and then view the songs. Link (You should download this and use it locally) Please try this out and let me know what you think of it. Grant Palin [edited by - gpalin on October 14, 2003 5:04:34 PM] [edited by - gpalin on October 14, 2003 5:06:48 PM]

A few things,
If im making a database, i want to be able to play songs I place in it.
If I seach for a song with a artist named "bob", it should atuo play if only one song is found, and if it finds more then one song, it should give a list, of no more then 10, with a more option.
thats just imo, though

Well, like I said, it''s not as if it''s actually associated with any music files. It''s just a combination of lists, i/o, file i/o, and user interaction.

Um, if you search for a song, you''re given a list of results...

Grant Palin