Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Program to merge a set of images?

This topic is 5177 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there any kind of program out there that can take a set of images (ie all images in a folders) and put them together to one long image according to their filename numbers? i would really need a program like that for doing animations for my game.. please let me know if you know of any such program!

I think you should be able to create your own using classes.

For example:

Make a class that initializes each one of your textures, and make a call.

eg: cTextures.Texture[1].
I think that would work... I'm not too good with graphics programming, just learning myself

EDIT: Got a little bit ahead of myself, as for there being a program out there, maybe... you would have to google. But I basically put my response in here to boost your post

Cheers.

[edited by - ThomasSauder on October 14, 2003 9:50:29 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
there are two articles that were recently on gamedev (look back in archives) about making a PAK file and the other one about loading BMP files. read each of those and combine the two to create the program you want

i was under the impression he meant to combine many small images into one big image, i.e. draw each frame, and then "paste" them together into one texture.

sorry, OP, but i don''t know of any. it shouldn''t be too hard to program one though; if you know how to load an image file (BMP for example), you can easily save it as well, and the rest is just copying memory blocks.

If you understand how to load images, shouldn''t it be trivial to combine them into a larger one?

Just load them into many small images, create a larger one and save the result to disk, end of story.

I wrote a similiar program, for the exact same purpose that RejanSky did. But his looks better, so ask him first.

Anyway, haven''t touched it in a while since I ripped all the 2d stuff out of engine and have been redoing it as pure 3d.

---
http://www.gapingwolf.com