Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WaterMelon34

System Specification Problem

Hey, I have a game which you can make mods with but I can't install it. It says my computer is too weak. I've also noticed that on the game cover the system requirements include something like "PIII 700MHz" and I have an Intel Celeron 2.5GHz computer. Do I need to get a Pentium to play ANY games at all? (Yes, it's a stupid question but I want to be sure.) [edited by - WaterMelon34 on October 14, 2003 8:39:22 PM]

No, it should work fine. Just because it says PIII,
doesn't mean you have to have a Pentium. I have
an AMD 2000+ and it works with everything...even
if it only says PIII and not AMD. You just need a
CPU that is 700 mhz or better. If I am wrong, please
correct me so I don't mislead him, but I am pretty sure...

You might be having that problem because of something else
like your video card, memory, ect...

[edited by - HTML on October 14, 2003 9:20:49 PM]

with newer games memory can be a big factor to. if you got a 2.5ghz system then you''re in the clear for processing power. your bottleneck probably lies elsewhere like what thomas was saying. your video card could be a huge factor. you can gforce 3''s an 4''s for under $50 in canada if you know where to look. I don''t believe there''s very much software on the market that won''t run on even a gforce 1. if you only have something like 64mb of ram in your machine that could be causing problems at all. ram isn''t to expensive and it never hurts to add a little more.

Guest Anonymous Poster
What is the software, and what is the exact error message?

Ok, thanks. I mixed up and I have a CompaQ computer. Everyone I''ve asked say that I will have MANY problems with games since CompaQs suck so much and they are extremely slow. Does it really suck?
(Thanks for helping me, I found the problem in my video card.)