Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evil_Greven

Problems with GDI

Please don''t laugh That''s how I made my tetris clone. But, anyway, problems are arising with a new variant using my GDI engine... if you''re in 16bit mode, it works fine. If you''re in 32 bit mode, it doesn''t. Further, it apparently runs like crap on WindowsXP machines... did they change the GDI system with that? Any help would be appreciated.. it seems to me that GDI doesn''t even LET you mess with colors, and so Windows handles it.. for you.. and we all know what often happens then. -Greven

Er.. not familiar with the term DIB, but I am using only a single bitmap for each image. Going to experiment with different color depths on the bitmaps to see if the image improves any.

-Greven

Just using regular functions like BitBlt()... it appears DIB version would be DIB_BitBlt(), so I bet I'm not

Thanks for the help , I'll go about modifying my code now; hopefully it'll work much better.

*Edit*
Hm. Apparently my version of VC6++ doesn't have any knowladge of DIB_BitBlt() or other DIB functions. This could be problematic.

-Greven

[edited by - Evil_Greven on October 15, 2003 3:26:59 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Don''t you have to call the ChangeDisplaySettings() function to switch the video mode to 16-bit color mode first?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Yes, but it does work. This is the way emulators do it.