public game development

Started by
7 comments, last by Eturnip 20 years, 6 months ago
We are a small indie game developer working on our second project. We have chosen to go a slightly different route with this game, in that we are posting most of the actual development process. We will be covering everything from the programming to the art and modeling, to making changes to our web site and how working on the game affects our personal lives. It's all out there, and if not yet, it will be. PhrenicGames Owen McManus Designer PhrenicGames [edited by - Eturnip on October 15, 2003 3:18:34 AM]
DesignerPhrenicGames
Advertisement
Wow, the hexes look cool in 3d. How is that working out? I''ve always wanted to try it.
Wow, I really like the design of the site the colors are really nice.. one thing that I''d maybe suggest changing is that on some of the pages you have the text start right up against the graphics at the top it might look nicer to add 1 blank line and then have the content..

Also the game looked really good, I can''t wait to see more.. keep us posted

Please visit Turt99 Productions
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
anon: the hexes worked pretty well, but unfortunately that project is on hold for the time being. We undertook a bit too much with Reason but after we get another, smaller, project out the door I think we will be in much better shape to go back and tackle it.

turt99: ha that''s the whole goal of our site, keeping you posted. We are currently adding articles to the site at a rate of 3 a week( the plan being to maintain or increase in the future). we will try to make it something interesting or informative, but sometimes it may just be buffoonery. In any event we hope it will be mildly entertaining.

Thanks for stopping by and let us know if there is anything that you would like to see covered in an article. Since we don''t get paid to do this we live off feedback... tasty tasty feedback
DesignerPhrenicGames
It should be a crime to post screens of a good looking game without providing at least a demo.
falsk: there isn''t much actual "game" in there yet (unless you have a lot of fun moving polygons around your screen), but you are certainly welcome to download the latest build and give it a spin. hmmm... I''m not sure where Marcus has but the latest build but it is kicking around in there somewhere, it would probably be best to ask him in the forums. Unless his power is out again I''m sure he would be more than happy to post another link.

Thanks for the heads up, I will add a link to the latest build in the AfterShock project page as soon as I can.
DesignerPhrenicGames
No worries. Just saying that it looks like a good game.
I thought it was a playable game of sorts, and that it hadn''t been released because it wasn''t finished. But I don''t think I would want to just move polygons around on the screen.
website looks good, games look good i see potential in them.
who stole my signature

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement