Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

open2127

Some help with lists and textures

Hi all, I am new in opengl so i need some help. I try to create an object using a list. I use this function(face_num is defined above-points needed to create the object) GLint object() { int i; int j; GLint lid=glGenLists(1); glNewList(lis, GL_COMPILE); glBegin (GL_TRIANGLES); for(i=0;i[j]; glVertex3f (vertices[vi][0],vertices[vi][1],vertices[vi][2]); } } glEnd (); glEndList(); glCallList(lis); return lis; }; In my DrawGlscene i call the function like this glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(0.0f,0.0f,-2.0f); object(); Everything works fine and the object is drawn in the screen. Now i want to apply a texture to my object. Iknow how to load a texture and all this stuff but i have no idea how to get the coordinates of the object. I have read about automatically calculating the coordinates but i really do not understand that. I would really appreciate it if you could give me some code... I would also like to know what happens if your object needs two textures. Does it mean i have to split the object into the two parts and then apply the textures? Thanks