Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quasar3d

mingw ide

I am looking for a good ide for mingw I am used to visual c++ 6, and I really love their ide, and debugger etc. But I hate the compiler. it''s buggy as hell, and it doesn''t optimize at all. So I lately decided to quit it, because it began to be impossible to make programs that work in both c++ and in visual c++. I can''t go to visual studio .net, because I have windows 98, so I will go for mingw, which I love. The problem is, that I don''t know of any good ide for it. I have tried Dev-C++ 5 beta, but I really find it a pain in my ase. For the debugger doesn''t work, I don''t understand the indent system at all(I have turned it off, and do all tabbing by hand, so that''s not such a big problem), and it doesn''t understan when it should rebuild which source files, so very often, when I press f9, my program crashes, and then I start looking for a bug, without a debugger, while there is no bug at all. it is just that some things have to be recompiled while they are not, so I just rebuild everything from scratch most times, which is slow as hell. I haven''t tried Dev-C++ 4 yet, but according to their screenshot there''s no debugger in it, so I don''t think I''ll like that one Does anyone know a good ide with a debugger for mingw? My Site

How about the newest Dev-CPP 5 beta: here
quote:

Feature list
Support GCC-based compilers

Integrated debugging (using GDB)

Support for multiple languages (localization)

Class Browser

Code Completion

Debug variable Browser

Project Manager

quote:
Original post by bastard2k5
How about the newest Dev-CPP 5 beta: here
quote:

Feature list
Support GCC-based compilers

Integrated debugging (using GDB)

Support for multiple languages (localization)

Class Browser

Code Completion

Debug variable Browser

Project Manager

I have that one, and that''s the one I''m having problems with. the debugger doesn''t work at all, at least, I can''t get it to work. If someone has succesfully used the dev-c++ debugger, can you please help me

My Site

Guest Anonymous Poster
Someone created something called MingStudio. It''s a clone of Visual Studio but uses MingW. Altho, after using it for 5 minutes I went back to DevC++