Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

window.status question

This topic is 5174 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok - so in HTML there''s this command - Window.status="whatever" now - what that does is make it show whatever is in there in the status bar on the browser, when the mouse is over that link... example "on mouseover window.status=4212" note: that''s not really the exact code, i''m just doing a quick example makes IE show ''4212'' on the bottom left of the browser whenever the mouse is over that link. now i have a VB question... if i''m using a browser control in VB - that just displays a simple page, and that page has a few links, and those links each have their own status (perhaps 0001, 0002, 0003) - how can i make VB interact with that number? for example - the browser control in VB i''m using doesn''t have a status bar - and i don''t want one - but i do want VB to be able to take the number from the window.status so that i can use it example i have a VB window - it has a small webbrower on it, and a label (both being independant of each other)... now on the webbrowser i have a page i made and it has 3 links - ONE - TWO - and THREE.. window.status for ONE is "1", status for TWO is "2" and for THREE it''s "3"... how can i make it so that the completely seperate LABEL shows the window.status when i put my mouse over the link? i hope that''s clear enough - and i hope it''s not complicated... i just need a simple way to do it... basically i want to have VB be able to read variables from a web page - but i want those variables to not show on the webpage, but just be dependant to a link. i''ll be using the links in the form of names, then the status will be a number so the page could look something like: Mako Taco CJ Brown Me Me then clicking on Mako Taco will make VB take the window.status i''ve given to it and make it the temporary variable.