BitTorrent

Started by
20 comments, last by jedis1000 20 years, 6 months ago
Hello. Has anyone here heard of BitTorrent? Is it any good when it works? Because whenever i try to download a song off of it it always gives me this stuff: evalevalq.q>trd!Uj:%L<061:%C[edited by - jedis1000 on October 15, 2003 5:02:08 PM]
Advertisement
jebus, dont talk about that stuff here.
yeah, i think that would be an internal code error that you aren''t supposed to see. it may be web browser/page specific, because I''ve never had problems with BitTorrent ( it can be a pain to set up though )
hope this helps a little.
My Kung Fu is stronger.May the Source be with you.neo88
Sorry Xcdcc,
I just really want this thing to work. You know when you''ve worked on something for a long time and then get frustrated and destroy whatever you''re working on? This is kinda happenning to me. If anyone can help me, It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
-Jedis1000
If you''re clicking on a .torrent file then you may get crap like the above as the browser may think it''s just a text file. Instead, save the .torrent to somewhere and double-click the file.
What exactly is it you have been working on? You say you are trying to DL a song off of BitTorrent... I don''t suppose you actually recorded the song? Did you work hard to install BitTorrent?

PS: If you did record the song - my apologies in advance.
Can I just copy and paste all of this hooha:

asfil;aiogsJKFGWJGlsdogasortfghadg

into notepad and then save it as a torrent file?
I really want this to work out, so anyone who has info, please help me!
-Jedis1000

Edit:
I didn't record the song, I ripped it off of my old Chumbawama CD's. Then I wanted to see if I could get it onto BitTorrent. One of my friends gave me all of the hoopla you see above, and said that it should work with bittorrent. I just want to be able to use that code to give me my song. It's not anything recorded, its really just a conversion problem.

[edited by - jedis1000 on October 15, 2003 5:29:58 PM]
just right click and save the file. not too hard.
Is BitTorrent a website or a filesharing program?

~CGameProgrammer( );

-- Post screenshots of your projects. 100+ posts already in the archives.
~CGameProgrammer( );Developer Image Exchange -- New Features: Upload screenshots of your games (size is unlimited) and upload the game itself (up to 10MB). Free. No registration needed.
It''s a filesharing app that uses small files called torrents to connect clients to where the file is stored (the server, which maintains the file and master torrent record, is called the tracker). It works by arbitrarily dividing the file into chunks and simultaneously downloading and uploading between multiple clients. At least that''s how I understand it.

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement