Particle Texturing problem

Started by
2 comments, last by Vivanco 20 years, 6 months ago
Hey all, I have recently implemented a particle system into my 3D engine, I adapted code from NeHe. The particles are created using Triangle strips, then textured. The problem is when I combine the particle engine with my terrain generation and skyboxing the particle textures are messed up. It doesnt seem to bind the particle texture(you just see the blank particles). If i dont render anything but the particles it works fine. Somehow my textures from the skybox and terrain and getting mixed up with the particle textures. Has anyone had a similar experience, or know of what the problem might be? Any help would be great, thanks. (o)..A Bee bit my bottom, now my bottom Big..(o)
(o)..A Bee bit my bottom, now my bottom Big..(o)
Advertisement
Make sure you arnt disabling textures at any point.
Possibly you are using texture that have been binded before for multi-texturing??

make sure you do
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0);
before rendering your particle systems
I''m also having a problem very similar to this, it''s for a university assignment. I''m using display lists generated from a max 3ds file by a standalone exporter, which exports straight into OGL code.

I have asteroids and a spherical starscape made up of object lists, but anything I try and put in myself loses it''s textures, even though I''ve gone through and tried to figure out where it''s happening, I can''t see it.

I''ve removed any call to glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D), throughout both the object lists and the rest of my program, I''ve set glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0) before rendering anything else, but it still ends up with the last used texture (in my case, the stars).

Pretty, but not much use!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I''ll post code up if it''s asked for!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement