3dstudio max

Started by
8 comments, last by DJVege 20 years, 6 months ago
Guys, I don''t know what i''m doing wrong... but I can''t seem to open any files (.max) in 3DStudio Max...I choose the .max file, and click open...but nothing happens...it stays on the "Untitled" page...anyone know what I''m doing wrong. Why can''t I open files?? Thanks. ...DJVege...
...DJVege...
Advertisement
Do you know for certain that there is something in the file? Is it all max files that you try to open? Does it give you any warning messages, or any information whatsoever? What version of max do you have, and are the max files for that version?

Add that information and more help may arrive.
My bad...yeh, don''t think it''s a proper max file. When i view the thumbnail, a pic shows...?? I''m pretty sure pics don''t show for .max files....anyways, i can open proper max files, so all good. Thanks.
...DJVege...
DJVege I am a noob when it comes to programming and such, but I been using Max for a long time and loving it. If your model is partly or not showing at all the MAX file has corrupt information in it, so it is caused by the file not your computer or any other external factor. Hope that helps, cheerios !!!
hmm... I have 3dsmax5, and it shows thumbnails of .max files when Im browsing with windows explorer.
OK. Correct me if I''m wrong...but after you save .max files....when you view the thumbnail of the file, do you see the picture you created??? Or just the 3dmax icon...(meaning it''s a 3dmax file)

...DJVege...
...DJVege...
On, my comp, it shows me a picture of what I created.
Really? Damn! On some .max files, i can see the picture, but i can''t open it....maybe because it''s a later release...I only have release 3...

...DJVege...
...DJVege...
I''ve encountered the same problem some time ago. But in my case the explanation was quite simple.

I''ve made some models in max 5 and when I''ve tried to open them a few months later in max 3(not knowing in which version I''ve created them) nothing happened.

So I think that this is your problem.

You can solve this problem by saving those files as .3ds and then you should have no problem at all (Ihope, but correct me if I''m wrong).

gReetZ,

2feather
I also have the release 3.1 (craXored version ) and it shows me the picture I created too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement