Is Graphics Programming interesting?

Started by
16 comments, last by Challenger17 20 years, 6 months ago
one thing, that makes graphics programming fun for me is to see my created thing "work", visually; not only in numbers - the numbers are that what are under the surface.
At a company, where i worked a year before, was a guy who has a really funny, interessting and thought-starting comparison of the topic "graphics-development vs. rest-of-programming":
"the difference from one to the other is that you can see what you have made, in the one case - in the other case you put your machine on, after 4 hours of calculation, you can read 17.3 on the screen - great merit !!"

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature

[edited by - DJSnow on October 17, 2003 12:27:14 PM]
DJSnow---this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
Advertisement
Personnaly, I became very exciting when I wrote my first pixel, not far of 0xA000000! lol )

Its like love, when you''re passioned, you know it!

!o)
!o)
Thank you very very much!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------In history, only steam engine and electromagnetics impelled human beings to make progress......
I only learned graphics programming so I could write a physics engine and maybe some game AI.

After 2 years, I still haven''t gotten around to the physics...ncie graphics tho
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
quote:Original post by aboeing
Graphics programming is an art form for people with no artistic tallent. We cant sing,draw or dance, but we can code

Hehe, that is so true... At least for me

But seriously, graphics programming allows you to see the inherent beauty of mathematics - that''s fascinating. And unlike other domains of programming, you can brag around with it, and even computer illiterate people will be impressed

>>...even computer illiterate people will be impressed...

and, at last, even your girlfriend is able to see, and perhaps understand, what you are doing

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
DJSnow---this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
Imagine your game will be on the shelfs.. and people will buy it and they are having fun with something you''ve made

It''s just cool to see that some strange lines of text can produce beautifull 3d images

And you''ve found something to apply all the math you have learned so you didn''t study it for nothing :D
I just really like math, and I like building 3D environments that you can walk through. I like doing physics and solving complex problems. I don''t even play games anymore though.

Why don't alcoholics make good calculus teachers?Because they don't know their limits!Oh come on, Newton wasn't THAT smart...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement