Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

programering

Profiler!!!

Is there no profiler in the MSVC++ 6.0 environment? I didn''t seem to find any. Can one tell me any profiles I could download from the internet. Thanks! ------------------------------- Anton Karlsson Klingis Entertainment Games with silly humor Aleph One (Marathon Open Source) | My Homepage Packa bajs med winzip! Just dreaming wont make you (more) skilled in game programming/development.

Yes it is a profile in MSVC++ 6.0 but not in the standart or educationnal edition. Take a look at the MSDN how to enable it.
If you have an AMD processor I advise you to try the free AMD Analyst which work well (but not on release project...)

Good luck.

I''m afraid that didn''t help me very much!
I don''t know exactly what processor type I have on my machine, but I will check that.

>>Yes it is a profile in MSVC++ 6.0 but not in the standart or educationnal edition. Take a look at the MSDN how to enable it.

I can''t find that in MSDN.
can you give me a hint exactly where?

There is indeed a profiler with MSVC6.0, but not with Visual Studio.NET.

There is a company called Compuware who create a profiler for Visual Studio and they have a free downloadable ''community'' edition. But put in your correct details and you will be phoned _EVERY_ day by their salesman. It''s not a bad profiler though - bit clumpy bit it does the job.

Oh... it''s called DevPartner btw.

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." - Lee Jun Fan