My game in making

Started by
63 comments, last by bloodthirsty vermin 20 years, 6 months ago
Children, stop arguing!!
quote:
Cows, I turned 14 on Sep 27, so I''m younger. You''re smarter though.

So close. I guess I''m the youngest out of all of us, since I turn 14 on Dec 4.
quote:
I say we make a game, in the name of "underage" programmers.

:D Good idea.
quote:
Yes, but BV is acting like the stereotypical 13 year old know-nothing that expects everyone else to do his work for him and think it''s too much trouble to use google, and doesn''t think he has to pay his dues and actually learn to code for a few months before re-writing a state-of-the art game.

It always irritates me when someone like that posts an extremely stupid question giving people our age a bad name (on these forums).

Advertisement
Hello,

Thought I would make a post on this, as it is deeming necessary. It is not, and I repeat NOT impossable for a young person to be a competant programmer, anyone that dedicates themselves heavily to something, can do it. In fact, truth be told, younger minds are more adapt to LEARNING languages then in there later years, I would not be nearly as efficient had I started learning C++ later on in life. There is a problem with credentiality amoung children these days, but some of that is of course with reason, but alot of it is not. But Cows, stereotypes exist, get used to it, your going to have to fight your way to the top regardless. And no... im not 12, im 19, and have been programming since I was 8 (I have state awards in programming dating back to 1994). I would encourage any and everyone to check out RentACoder.Com aswell (for younger programmers), I have been making a pretty penny so far there ($200-$500 projects)(Maintaining a 10 point rating) without a question regarding my age. Of course, the problem with most 12 year olds IS that they cannot yet properly "sell themselves". Build up a rep, a resume, of SMALLER projects. Its easier to get work that way, and work is necessary to get into the field.

Sincerly Yours

Richard P. Cesar
Omerae Interactive
But there are child labor laws, which kind of get in the way. So right now I''m stuck developing an independant game (which is, in fact, getting somewhere). And yes, it''s obvious that steriotypes exist but they aren''t necessarily true.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
But there are child labor laws, which kind of get in the way. So right now I''m stuck developing an independant game (which is, in fact, getting somewhere). And yes, it''s obvious that steriotypes exist but they aren''t necessarily true .

Well if a stereotype is true for 98% of the group you''re talking about, then it seems to me to be a pretty accurate stereotype. In other words, next time I meet a 12-14 year old, I''m gonna assume that he cannot program and I will almost definitely be right.
98% of adults can''t program either. So the steriotype has nothing to do with age. And saying that no one can program is rather stupid, don''t you agree?
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement