Making sound

Started by
4 comments, last by Infuscare 20 years, 6 months ago
is there any way to emit a sound at a specific frequency in C with the default libraries (meaning without an API)? or am i doomed to use directX example: play a note at 3300 hz _________________________________________ "Why, why why does everyone ask ''''why'''' when ''''how'''' is so much more fun" -Spawn 1997
_________________________________________"You're just jelous because the voices only talk to me"
Advertisement
some1? any1?
_________________________________________"You're just jelous because the voices only talk to me"
No, there is nothing in the standard library for sound generation. There are various libraries available that will do what you want. You don''t have to use DirectX if you don''t want to.
quote:Original post by Infuscare
is there any way to emit a sound at a specific frequency in C with the default libraries (meaning without an API)? or am i doomed to use directX

example: play a note at 3300 hz

As a previous post said there isn''t anyway to do it with out a library. <a href="http://www.allegro.cc">Allegro</a> has some fairly straight forward functions for doing it if you don''t want to use DirectX
Fmod is also pretty popular, and is free for non-commercial use. It's incredibly easy to understand, partially because it is very well documented. Recommended =)

[edited by - Enokh on October 17, 2003 2:11:51 AM]
OpenAL (www.openal.org) looks pretty nice as well, haven''t tried it yet but im going to use it in a university project, and several big games seems to be using it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement