Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

White Wizzer

I have a dumb question :D

I recently *cough* purchased Microsoft Visual Studio .NET. Just curious, what do I use instead of fstream to send output to files? It seems as if "ofstream" isn''t used anymore. Thanks in advance.

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
*cough* RTFM

I guess he could RTFM the software comes with when he *cough* purchased it. But he isn''t a *cough* worthless pirate *cough*, because he surely *coughed* up the cash.

|PicRepository|PicIndex|
IM: CScoder@aol.com/ahmed7500@hotmail.com
Duplicate this sig:
Member of the Ban the Idiot Directxmen Society (BIDS)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Serisouly Wizzer, if you are using a pirated copy you can get the fuck out of here. You are the kind of shit that makes our lifes hard.

If not, you need some cough medicine.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Serisouly Wizzer, if you are using a pirated copy you can get the fuck out of here. You are the kind of shit that makes our lifes hard.

If not, you need some cough medicine.

LOL, good one!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Its ok folks. No need to get upset over this pirate. I took the liberty of reporting him to microsoft just now. I provided the link to this forum and mentioned the name in his profile: Joshua Arthurs. Good one numbnuts.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Its ok folks. No need to get upset over this pirate. I took the liberty of reporting him to microsoft just now. I provided the link to this forum and mentioned the name in his profile: Joshua Arthurs. Good one numbnuts.

Thankyou, that''s good to hear.

Uhhhhh.... I really don''t think Microsoft will care.

#1: If they do happen to find out who he is, because when I just searched up google, there were lots of different people named that

#2: They would have to make a huge lawsuite and sue everyone that is using illegal copies of their software. Plus, all they would probably do is make him purchase the software. Microsoft has loads of money and doubt they would want to milk some guy using their software for free.

#3: I''m not completely anti-pirates, but I am to an extent. When it comes to applications like VC++, VC.NET, those should be purchased. But when a game just comes out, (no demos avail. on the internet) then I think it''s justified to download the game to try it out. DONT GET ME WRONG - Keeping that copy, in my mind, is illegal and an insult to the creators. I have purchased well over 30 games, and before I purchased them, I had an illegal copy, which I destroyed after...

I DO NOT ENDOURSE PIRATED COPIES OF ANY KIND, I AM JUST STATING THAT SOME ACTIONS ARE NECESSARY IF YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR MONEY WISELY!

ps: Getting an illegal / pirated version of a VS.NET or VC++ or anything like that is highly retarded, because you obviously enjoy programming!

Boy.. will I get flamed for this one >

Cheers.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Has anyone looked at White Wizzer''s previous posts?

...I wish I had !!MS VISUAL STUDIO 6 ENTERPRISE!! when I didn''t know how to pass a str by pointer=(...

It is good that someone reported this fool and only one person has his email so I think macrosoft would have little difficulty if they chose to persue this.

lmao, what a bunch of idiots. The software is purchased, I coughed because it was a gift.

jeez, cool down.

And to the idiot who "reported me", lmfao. Do you honestly beileve microsoft is going to waste the resources necessary to find/come after me based on some information they got from some random guy that read a *cough* in a forum? ROFL!!!

Get a life, i bet most of you have at LEAST 1 program you haven''t paid for, I know I do.

And as I just said, my copy of >NET is legit.

I can understand people pirating VC++, especially if they are just learning, and not making any money off of the software. It just adds another layer of frustration to beginning programmers to have to deal with command line compilers/linkers... and not having syntax highlighting.

Anyhow, I think if you are using VC++ to compile programs that make you profit.... you should definitely buy it.

By the way, I bought my copy of VC++... so don''t call me a stinkin pirate...

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by White Wizzer
lmao, what a bunch of idiots. The software is purchased, I coughed because it was a gift.
And as I just said, my copy of >NET is legit.

If that''s TRUE then why did you move to Russia and hide your email?!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Because you all are sendin out my stuff like it''s everyone''s business They have that info anyway, from when I registered the product. I''ll glady change it back if it hurts you

Guest Anonymous Poster
I wasn''t aware that that info was available to everyone, or else I would have changed it a while back.

Looks like someone else is worried about showing their info mr anonymous

Guest Anonymous Poster
OMG I have some mp3s on Kazaa!!! Call RIAA!

Guest Anonymous Poster
I did not send out any of your stuff, nor did I post all of the anonymous posts(just the one about MS VS6 ENTERPRISE).

Sorry, if I misinterpreted you *coughing* problem. But you must admit that judging by your previous posts it sounds like you do not have a problem with pirating software?

You must admit that this is a touchy subject in at a site full of software engineers?

RECORD:
I don''t have any STOLEN software on my piece of $#!T computer.

Guest Anonymous Poster
lol I''m not saying that you posted any of my info, I just don''t like that it''s so readily available. Especially email. that''s a great way to get spam.

And yea, I see how that can be *EASILY* misinterpreted as me saying I have pirated software, but no, not in this instance. My cousin is also a programmer and he gave that to me for a gift because the company he works for gave him two copies and he only needed one.

But yes, I do have some pirated crap such as software and games that are no longer available in stores or online.

And even though this is a forum full of software developers, it''s not entirely welcoming to jump on n00bs when they ask a question.

Yeah, it makes me wonder why NES and SNES roms are still "illegal". I mean, you can''t even hardly buy the systems or games used anymore. I don''t now what Nintendo is trying to protect.

Guest Anonymous Poster
amen. I can understand people getting into trouble for not purchasing software, but not when the software isn''t available for purchase!

The whole purpose of anti-piracy stuff is to prevent a company from losing money. If they aren''t giving us the abillity to pay them (ie. have the software in stores) then piracy can''t really have an effect on them.

As long as they want people to pay for their software, they should make it available.

Guest Anonymous Poster
wizzer, you have to understand a lot of people here are developers and are... sensitive about software piracy. And serisouly, writing *cough* is just begging for suspicion.

quote:
As long as they want people to pay for their software, they should make it available.

Like id software and Quake 2!

I really don''t have a problem with people downloading programs like VC++ and 3D Studio Max. Those kind of people are usually young and don''t have the money to buy the software anyway. And, since it''s for educational purposes, they''ll learn to use the software, becoming potentional future customers, which means more money to Microsoft and Discreet and whatever.