Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SSJCORY

Only one error plz help me get around this.

The error is where i''m trying to assign: realnumber[numofnumbers] = atoi(number[numofnumbers]); That gives me an error:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\GhettoCalcAttempt2.cpp(32) : error C2440: ''='' : cannot convert from ''int'' to ''int [100]''
        There are no conversions to array types, although there are conversions to references or pointers to arrays
Is there a way to get around this? Here is my code:
#include<iostream.h>
#include<stdlib.h>
char input[10];
int numdigits = 0;
int numofnumbers = 0;
char signs[100];
int numofsigns = 0;
char number[100][100];
int realnumber[100][100];
bool isDigit(int inquestion){
	if(input[inquestion] == ''0'' ||input[inquestion] == ''9'' ||input[inquestion] == ''8'' ||
		input[inquestion] == ''7'' ||input[inquestion] == ''6'' ||input[inquestion] == ''5'' ||
		input[inquestion] == ''4'' ||input[inquestion] == ''3'' ||input[inquestion] == ''2'' ||
		input[inquestion] == ''1''){
		return true;
	}
	else{
		return false;
	}
}
char getInputType(int inquestion){
	return input[inquestion];
}
void getInput(){
	cout<<"Input your problem:";
	cin>>input;
}
void solveProblem(){
	for(int arrayslot = 0; arrayslot < 10; arrayslot++){
		if(isDigit(arrayslot) == true){
			number[numofnumbers][numdigits] = input[arrayslot];
			realnumber[numofnumbers] = atoi(number[numofnumbers]);
			numdigits++;
		}
		if(isDigit(arrayslot) != true && numdigits > 0){
			signs[numofsigns] = getInputType(arrayslot);
			numofsigns++;
			numofnumbers++;
			numdigits = 0;
		}
	}
	cout<<realnumber[0];
	cout<<signs[0];
	cout<<realnumber[1];
}
void main(){
	getInput();
	solveProblem();
}
Thanks guys... By the way you guys in the last post I made an isdigit() function. It gave me more successefull results than my last attempt, and I believe it is more readable this way.
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you |Smeagol: My little hobbitses.|

I'm not sure entirly what the program is ment to do, too tired tbh! But, you can replace your isDigit fundtion to this:

bool isDigit(int inquestion)
{
if (input[inquestion] > 47 && input[inquestion] < 58) //ASCII 48 is '0', 57 is '9'

{
return true;
}
return false;
}

I believe there may be a function that does this for you, but can't remember. I think I have found the lines of code that you need to review, but not sure how you want to change them

if(isDigit(arrayslot) == true)
{
realnumber[numofnumbers] = atoi(number[numofnumbers]);
numdigits++;
}

You need to either change atoi(number[numofnumbers]) to somehting like atoi(&number[numofnumbers][numdigits]) (the & is needed as atoi takes a pointer) or you need to change number to only a one dimensional array (number[100])
Hope this helps.

[edited by - desertcube on October 20, 2003 6:00:03 PM]

Thanx guys i figured it out. I just made that one dimensional int array 2-d with the second dimension always 0; So its the same thing as a 1-d array;
here''s the changed part:

if(isDigit(arrayslot) == true){
realnumber[numofnumbers][0] = atoi(number[numofnumbers]);
numdigits++;
}

Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you |Smeagol: My little hobbitses.|