• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HTML Inline help

This topic is 5234 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I am currently in the middle of making my website and I was wondering about utilzing inline frames for easier navigation. I have the website set up where I have the navigation bar on the left side and the inline frame is on the right. I can set the initial page of my inline frame but I don''t seem to know how to dynamically change the inline frame based on what I click on my navigation bar. Here is what I have so far:

<iframe name="I1" width="516" height="642" src="news.htm"> Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.

The frame, when loaded, displays initially displays the "news" file but I want to be able to change the news to say "downloads" when I click on my navigation bar that is located on a seperate HTML file than my inline frame. Can inline frames do this, or do I have to go to something else? Thanks a lot.

Advertisement
Just set the target in your link.

In your case it would be something like:

< a href="downloads.html" target="I1" >

target = name of the frame

• Advertisement