• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drastick

Invalidate/Validate Textures?

This topic is 5389 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

my d3dDevice is not reseting after I added D3DXTEXTURE8s to the program. Is there anything you need to do to them before I run this code here pd3dxSprite->OnLostDevice(); pFont->InvalidateDeviceObjects(); pd3dDevice->Reset( &d3dpp ); pFont->RestoreDeviceObjects(); pd3dxSprite->OnResetDevice(); It works fine when I take D3DXTEXTURE8s out otherwise pd3dDevice->Reset( &d3dpp ); returns E_FAIL I increase the refrence count on the textures whatelse do I need to do before I can reset? Thanks.

Advertisement
ok was not worth posting I figured out after a few seconds *sigh* I just used D3DPOOL_MANAGED so I don''t have to worry about it. However I STILL would like to know how you manage them if you are using D3DPOOL_DEFAULT.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!