How to test if there are any memory leaks from a program?

Started by
0 comments, last by johnnyBravo 20 years, 5 months ago
I''ve completed the graphic side of a dx wrapper, and i just want to make sure i havent left any memory leaks. How would i test this? (also if possibly there is anyway to tell anything left that needs to be cleaned up, eg pointers etc)
Advertisement
For memory leaks of DirectX. If I didnot forget link with d3dx8dt.lib and d3d8.lib. After exit from program in Visual C++ output screen it showns memory leaks. Not only for memory leaks all errors and warnings are output. If you are not using VC in utilities directory run dbmon.exe. the outputs will be shown there.
(Also for DX9 add dt suffix to lib filename)

For C++ memory leaks

define
// The following macros set and clear, respectively, given bits// of the C runtime library debug flag, as specified by a bitmask.#ifdef   _DEBUG#define  SET_CRT_DEBUG_FIELD(a) \            _CrtSetDbgFlag((a) | _CrtSetDbgFlag(_CRTDBG_REPORT_FLAG))#define  CLEAR_CRT_DEBUG_FIELD(a) \            _CrtSetDbgFlag(~(a) & _CrtSetDbgFlag(_CRTDBG_REPORT_FLAG))#else#define  SET_CRT_DEBUG_FIELD(a)   ((void) 0)#define  CLEAR_CRT_DEBUG_FIELD(a) ((void) 0)#endif

At the end of the program call the below.

SET_CRT_DEBUG_FIELD( _CRTDBG_LEAK_CHECK_DF );

I''ve took it from MSDN tested and works welll
be yourself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement