Morning's Wrath: Screen Shots III

Started by
47 comments, last by EDI 20 years, 5 months ago
Greetings All, Some of you may already know that i''m currently working on a 2D Isometric Action/Adventute game. My project was almost cut down where it stood when I faced a large design flaw that I previously overlooked, fortunetly many brilliant developers came to my aid, a Mike Turner (Crazy Mike) in particular gave me the solution I am currently using. With that said, in the past I have been releasing screen shots of the progress of my game so far, there have been 2 previous posts (I think), I will continue to do so until the game is released (hopefully within a few months). All constructive feedback is welcome and encouraged, If anyone has a question like ''how did you do that?'' feel free to ask and I will do my best to explain it, though depending on what the topic is I may not be able to go into great detail. at the moment I only have 2 new screen shots to show, but they demonstrate the work ive been doing to furnish the first level of the game, it has been very hard considering im not an artist, if there are any artists out there that would like to help please contact me at elitef16 at juno dot com. Wizard''s Study, not complete:
screenshot

Morning''s Room and Royal Conference Room, not complete:
screenshot

I will continue to post to this thread as more screen shots come in, and at some point I will start a new thread with serries IV(most likly when i feel ive hit a large graphical milestone) Enjoy =) Raymond Jacobs, www.EDIGames.com www.EtherealDarkness.com

Voice your discontent! help stop the flames!

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

Advertisement
Looking good...

how about some screen shots of your now-working large sprites?
thanks=D

the screenshots listed show large sprites

the bed, dresser, table

are all examples of large sprites

is that what you meant? or would you like to see the table surrounded by people to show that no overdraw occurs?

=)

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

quote:Original post by EDI
the bed, dresser, table
are all examples of large sprites

Oh I see... I suspected that the table might be, but I wasn''t sure..

quote:
or would you like to see the table surrounded by people to show that no overdraw occurs?

that might be cool... the bed might be better just because it looks like a more complex shape (not square)
k,im at work at the moment, but when i get home i''ll do that up=D

any other comments, sudgestions or questions?

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

Something minor that may improve the overall look of your game, is change your floor graphics to use smaller ''tiles'' rather than just each game tile being one floor tile, (Have each game tile show a 4-6 floor tiles)

This will break up the blockiness in your game. Anyway to easily add curved walls to some parts? Rather than just square walls? (Rather than two walls meeting at right angles, they curve into each other or something)

Just a though, looks nice. is this going to be a free releae game? (Likely say on your site and I just missed it already,...) what is it going to take to run that game?
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
I think i could already do curved walls since the walls are simply an image, i''ll have to try it=)

the game wont be free, a demo of it will be availible for free, but the final full version will run between 10 to 15 dollars.

if the first game shows that it will sell well, then i will continue the serries, the game is designed to have a new eppisode released each year.

the game requires a pretty good video card to run, I develop using a radeon 9500 with 128 MB VRAM

128 mb to 256 mb of System ram

and probably a 500mhz to 1 ghz proccessor

lightmap levels can be reduced to lower the video card requirements, aswell as the system ram requirements.

these numbers are sketchy since i have yet to do actual tests on it yet.

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

Here is the screen shot that TempusElf requested =D

*comercial announcer voice*
Now with even more Morning flavor!!!

screenshot

as you can see nothing is wrongly occluded, thanks to the wonderful drawing order idea that Mike came up with =)

*removes the script code that was added to make all these sprites*

=D

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

Wow, you can play with 13 of them??? nice bed,... I want that bed like that
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
haha, now all i need is to put a fat king in the bed with a nice little voice over...

''Grapes! Where are my GRAPES!!!''

;-)

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement