DirectX vs OpenGL

Started by
6 comments, last by zacharya 20 years, 5 months ago
which one should I use? Which one is better?
being young is a treasure that can''t be valued
Advertisement
Do a groups.google.com search with that exact subject line (well, maybe Direct3D vs. OpenGL would be better). Believe it or not, this has come up once or twice before :-)

--
Dave Mikesell Software & Consulting
AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

If you're not a troll, see here...

[Insert witty signature here]

[edited by - iNsAn1tY on October 21, 2003 1:03:29 PM]
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
clicky

[edited by - krez on October 21, 2003 1:04:33 PM]
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
/me slowly backs away from the thread.

Just don''t look at it in the eyes. It can smell your fear.
both are better

Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials
zacharya: Do you think it could be somehow possible that this question has been asked numerous times before? How about you do some reading and find the answer by yourself.

Looking for a serious game project?
www.xgameproject.com

Looking for a serious game project?
www.xgameproject.com
DirectX is better than OpenGL because it has an X in it and that's XTREME. OpenGL is all open and crap, and who wants that? Fucking hippie meditation shit. Also, I don't think it has as much, um, hyperthreading. Or quantispeed.

Seriously, tho, insanity's link is a good one. The most important bit of advice I can give you, tho, is that it really doesn't matter. By the time you are a good game developer, and decently employable, you will have a working knowledge of both. Just keep an open mind, take things one step at a time, and expect to spend a lot of time learning.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

[edited by - sneftel on October 21, 2003 2:40:08 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement