Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EnDoX

ID3DXSkinMesh, Where art thou?

Greetings All I am new to the GDNet Forums. So Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I have come across a problem: it was a dark and stormy night. the time was just past midnight and I was updating some classes that i wrote for DX8 and was trying to get them to DX9(.1b). It was all going well...too well... when suddenly out of the thick volume fog appeared a truly heinous error! The compiler could not find any object for ID3DXSkinMesh. I was Shocked; an intricate cog in the machine of classes could not be found. So, with haste, i come to thee all to query this bizarre occurence; What has happened to ID3DXSkinMesh. I have ''thumbed'' through the DX9 documentation and can only find one mention of the object in question but merely a passing mention and no more. Please, if it be masquerading as another object or some other feindish plot to abruptly halt my progress then i would be grateful to come upon such information. However it could be that i am being intellectually challenged and have not come upon the most obvious solution to this problem Thank you all most verily for thine help in this difficult matter .-=[E]nDO[X]=-. *Top* Tip on How to Avoid Bugs: Stop Programming

wow. Ok, now I actually have a look at ''What new'' in the documentation i see the name change.
Sorry about wasting your time but thanks for helping

.-=[E]nDO[X]=-.

*Top* Tip on How to Avoid Bugs:
Stop Programming