• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ID3DXSkinMesh, Where art thou?

This topic is 5208 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings All I am new to the GDNet Forums. So Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I have come across a problem: it was a dark and stormy night. the time was just past midnight and I was updating some classes that i wrote for DX8 and was trying to get them to DX9(.1b). It was all going well...too well... when suddenly out of the thick volume fog appeared a truly heinous error! The compiler could not find any object for ID3DXSkinMesh. I was Shocked; an intricate cog in the machine of classes could not be found. So, with haste, i come to thee all to query this bizarre occurence; What has happened to ID3DXSkinMesh. I have ''thumbed'' through the DX9 documentation and can only find one mention of the object in question but merely a passing mention and no more. Please, if it be masquerading as another object or some other feindish plot to abruptly halt my progress then i would be grateful to come upon such information. However it could be that i am being intellectually challenged and have not come upon the most obvious solution to this problem Thank you all most verily for thine help in this difficult matter .-=[E]nDO[X]=-. *Top* Tip on How to Avoid Bugs: Stop Programming

Advertisement
oh! The Big!
What a hero

Thank you so much, you have made my life a whole lot easier

wow. Ok, now I actually have a look at ''What new'' in the documentation i see the name change.
Sorry about wasting your time but thanks for helping

.-=[E]nDO[X]=-.

*Top* Tip on How to Avoid Bugs:
Stop Programming

• Advertisement