Ban anonymous postings?

Started by
23 comments, last by cliffski 23 years, 9 months ago
quote:
Anonymous Poster 1 wrote

i can still do A and B if i am registered.

i am anonymous because i am too lazy to sign in, and i also wish to remain .... anonymous

Did you forget the IP ban? So, either way you lose.

WitchLord brought up an interesting point. I say just get rid of them for good! Also, add the "do not display email" option.

Isn''t it strange how many anonymous posters showed up under this thread?

Guardian Angel Interactive
Advertisement
IP bans dont work, someone could just as easily create a user name, get IP banned, use Wingate, come back, do the same exact things, very easily.

-----------------------------

A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."
-----------------------------A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."The Micro$haft BSOD T-Shirt
I don''t like the Thread-starter becomes moderator deal. It would become too tempting to just delete opinions that oppose your own. I wouldn''t trust myself if we had them.
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
While I realize that many posters on these boards are from countries other than the USA (I''m sorry), there is something you need to realize.

Over here, the ability to speak anonymously is one of our founding principles. Alexander Hamilton wrote his paper (The Federalist) anonymously, for instance.

ps: I hope I have my history correct. I''m pretty sure it''s Hamilton and The Federalist, but then again, I''m a programmer and not a historian!

quote:Original post by ImmaGNUman

IP bans dont work, someone could just as easily create a user name, get IP banned, use Wingate, come back, do the same exact things, very easily.

First of all, the people that get their IP banned for stupid comments are probably too dumb to figure out how to use wingates. Second, eventually they will get sick of using wingates or IP spoofers or whatever just to flame. People like that just end up going on IRC and getting in wars there. Personally, I say ban anonymous postings, for all the reasons mentioned here and in other posts.

Masters Software

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement