• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Menu

This topic is 5293 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do you guys recommend one goes to develop a menu? [EDIT] This is for DX. I have the game states up. It's just that I don't know the "best" way of managing a menu system. Or even if a menu system would be the best solution. [edited by - Rob Loach on October 22, 2003 5:16:58 AM]

Advertisement
You should state what you want your menu system to do: is it always visible (i.e. top / bottom / etc), will it allow hot keys, is it just text, is it context sensitive (like a right click in windows), and so on.

Look in the Win32 API for the menu functions for a good starting point on the structure and functions.

Skizz

I mean like a main menu. Graphical. Just shows New Game, Highscores, About and Quit. Preferabily using the mouse. I have a sprite engine up, I could use that for it. How have you guys done it in the past?

Rob Loach
Current Project: Go Through Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore

"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
- The Boondock Saints

• Advertisement